Pages

Friday, April 4, 2014

Chocolate Wontons


It's time for me to come clean.
I'm addicted to Thai food.
I could eat Thai food all day every day and never tire of it. I just love it.
Unfortunately I'm a girl on a very tight budget and I just can't afford to order Thai delivery every day, no matter how much I crave panang curry.
So, being a frugal and adventurous person, I thought I'd look up a few recipes, buy a few ingredients, and learn to make panang curry and wonton soup myself.
Let's just say it's a work in progress and I haven't succeeded yet. Not even close.
Meanwhile, I bought a lot of wonton wrappers that won't live forever. And I don't have the courage to try making Thai-style wontons again for a while.
So I looked up some fun recipes that would use my wonton wrappers. And these recipes passed my idiot-test (aka- I successfully made them). And since they were so cheap and affordable, I thought I'd share them here.

Chocolate Wontons
10 wonton wrappers (I found mine in the vegetarian refrigerated section of Whole Foods)
1 small bag of Ghiradelli chocolates (individually wrapped) (I picked Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt Caramels, but you can pick whichever one floats your boat)
1 tablespoon butter


Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Unwrap your chocolates.
Try not to eat them.
Spread a dab of butter inside a flat wonton wrapper.
Place one chocolate in the middle of a fresh wonton wrapper.
Fold and pinch shut the wonton wrapper around the chocolate.
Spread a little dab of butter on the outside of the wonton wrapper.
Bake on a non-stick pan for 5-8 minutes. Just long enough for the chocolate to melt on the inside.


OR
Instead of baking it, you can fry the wontons (I prefer to fry it in butter). Also delicious.

Check out this Better Homes and Gardens fancier version called Chocolate Pillows. Just call my version the idiot-proof wontons!


(Sorry no picture. I ate them all too fast!)



Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...