Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Introduction

I confess that until recently I didn't have to live on a tight budget, and "going green" was something hippies did. But like so many people around me, my life has changed drastically in the past little while. Suddenly I'm on a tight budget, making financial cutbacks wherever I can, and making my dollar stretch as far as it can go. Somewhere in the midst of all this I began to realize how much waste there was in my life. And I started to make a concerted effort to reduce and reuse as much as possible. The third R of "going green" - recycling- just started to come along with the rest.
And it brought me here. I wanted to create a place where I could share ideas on how to cut back while going green. And more importantly, a place for others to share their ideas as well. This isn't all about me. In fact, it isn't about me at all. It is about wanting to make my actions more beneficial for others.
It is my goal to also find ways to be more involved with the community and make a contribution. Is it possible to cut back, be more frugal, save money, contribute more, do more, and be better for the environment all at the same time?
Let's find out together!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...